Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday morning ride...

I've been thinking about riding the downtown area on Sunday mornings for a while now, so this morning I decided to check it out. I wanted to get down there before there was a lot of traffic, so I headed down around 7am. I'm an early riser anyway, so this fits perfect for me on the weekends. I think next week I'm going to try to get there a little earlier, and try to catch the sunrise which would be cool.

I parked at the beginning of Market Street near where the horse carriages are normally located. I figured this was as good as place as any. I took a right on Water and followed it all the way to Nutt St., from there I worked my way to North Front Street until it intersects with Third, and then took a right and took Third all the way down to Queen St. From there I headed down to the public boat ramp and took some pictures and then took Front back down to where I had parked. Sounds convoluted I'm sure, but it was fun. I took advantage of the hills on Nun, I think it was because we don't have tons of them and I need all the practice climbing that I can get. Once I finally got back to my truck, I took a breather and then did the entire route in reverse to see which way had more climbing. I ended up with 11 miles, and had a great time in downtown Wilmington.

There were several other people out riding as well, most on their road bikes, some on cruisers and I was the solo mtbr downtown at the time. I saw a few guys skateboarding, lots of folks walking or walking their pets. Speaking of pets, I'm a dog owner and lover, but if you are going to walk your dog down the River Walk, don't let the PISS on the wooden posts! This is just wrong....

This ride was a lot of fun, so much that it may become my weekly Sunday morning ride... Hope to see you out there. Here's a few pics from this morning.

(Downtown Bridge)

(Downtown Storefronts)

(My bike at the boatramp near the Downtown Bridge)

No comments: