Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last Ride of 2007....

Since I have to hit the road early tomorrow and head to the Gator Bowl, I figured I'd take my last official ride of 2007 this morning. The weatherman called for rain all day, and as I headed out to load up my gear, it was beginning to sprinkle already. I stopped and pondered my options...stay home and be bored out of my skull, or hit the trails, mud and all...

Blue Clay road is notorious for mud, thick mud that seems to take on a life of it's own, however today the trail was almost perfect. As I started the ride, I was thinking about the post that Sir Bikes-a-lot posted last night of a virgin trail they had worked on yesterday, and I couldn't wait to ride it. The older section of trail was great, a little slick in some places, but the mud was easily avoidable so that I didn't rut up the trail.

I was almost to the very end of my lap, and I could see the beginning of the virgin trail. these guys had done a great job... After I completed what I thought to be the entire new section, and was heading out I saw to my right what looked to be the beginnings of yet another new section. It had been raked out and partially cleared, and was just waiting for someone to follow it to the end....and what a perfect way to spend my last ride of 2007, just me and my Cannondale....


Part of the virgin trail, and my Cannondale Prophet 3





part of the new trail


part of the new trail


part of the new trail, yes that's sand at blue clay


IRC Kujo DH tires are the best! These bad boys grip!


All loaded up and heading for the house before the rain sets in... What a great way to end 2007.

Happy New Years!

No comments: