Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Let's Ride!

After a go around with the flu, and several weeks on the road that kept me hopping from Oxford Mississippi, to Gainesville Florida and finally winding up in New Hampshire, I am finally home, and on vacation, and on my bike! The first few rides were so-so, but I am finally feeling my legs begin to get back to where they were a month or so ago, and it's nice to just pedal.

I also made it home just in time for a few events that I didn't want to miss. The first was a ride with the other club that I belong to, the Down East Cyclist from Jacksonville NC. We are hosting one of the Winter Series Races this year, and these guys have not rode Blue Clay yet. So, this past Sunday, several of their members came down to ride... Here's a few pictures.


As you can see, the parking lot was packed! it stays that way on the weekends


Luke from DEC on his Santa Cruz Nomad...


John from DEC hammering the whooptie-section...

All in all, it was a great turn out, and everyone seemed to like the trails. Unfortunately the Wilmington Christmas parade was the same day, and several of us had to leave early to take part in that which was the other event that I didn't want to miss. Here's a couple pictures and I will do a follow up post on the parade.


My Prophet showing some Holiday cheer.


My wife JJ and me along with the bicycle pulled float and other riders...

until next time... see you in the trails...

No comments: