Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mountain Bike Clinic 11-9-08

It's not everyday that you get to ride with a professional rider, especially not here in the Wilmington area. Today would be my exception. About a week ago, Shawn at Bike Cycles posted that there would be a free mountain bike clinic put on by a professional rider today. To my suprise, the pro was none other than Derrick Meready, which I grew up down the street from.

The last time I saw Derrick, he was ripping up the streets with aspirations of becoming a professional skateboarder with good friend Michael Good, in the small town where we grew up. Both Derrick and Michael both were phenomenal skaters, so it would not have surprised me if they both went pro.

I got to catch up a little with Derrick today after the clinic, and he is doing well for himself, and in his second year as a pro rider for Mad March Racing based out of Snowshoe West Virginia. I have to say he put on an awesome clinic, he was very informative, and I picked up several tips that will help me become a better rider (other than loosing about 50lbs). It was cool not only riding with a pro, but catching up briefly with an old friend....

No comments: