Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 08

What a different Thanksgiving than normal this year, I found myself at home alone since JJ was visiting her grandfather and TJ was tagging along with my sister. I had no time limits, no plans, nothing to do but get out on my bike and ride, which was great because I have been off my bike so much lately.

I waited until it was warm enough to comfortably ride in shorts, loaded up the Prophet and headed to Blue Clay. Plus, I wanted to check out the trail extension that I had read about on the SBA website.

I arrived at the trails, and there were a few people hitting the pump track, and a few others coming off the trails, so I headed out for my first of what was hopefully to be two laps. The ride was going well, I was trying some of the stuff that Derrick had shown us in the class a few weeks prior. I hit the first skinny - no problem, hit the second little skinny and lined up for the log hop - no problem, then the next log hop- hell yeah, this is going to be a good day. Then I came to the log ride, that I have done many times..... .....Damn! That's going to leave a mark!

I got about ten feet down the log, my back wheel slid off and I tried to get my leg out of my peddles and caught my lower calf on my big chainring.... Well you win some and you loose some... Here's a few more pictures of the log I was attempting.

I sat down for a minute and cleaned my leg up a little, and thought to myself, there is no way I'm going to let this beautiful day go to waste. I finished my lap of Blue Clay, which the trails were in great shape. After my first lap, I decided to do a quick lap of the beginners trail, when I finished up there, I ran into my good friend Peter, and took a break and enjoyed some great Thanksgiving conversation.

I have to say, even with taking a nasty spill, it was a great day!

No comments: