Sunday, April 25, 2010

2010 Earth Day Creation Celebration

Yesterday I helped out at the 2010 Earth Day Creation Celebration, right here in good old Brunswick County. I had actually met several of the people putting on the event a week or so earlier while riding the trails at Brunswick Nature Park, and then I got in touch with Greg our SORBA Chapter President and asked did he need any help.

We went out and spent all day working with the kids, and some adults. We set up a small obstacle course, made up of cones, skinnnies, and some man-made log hops. We also took some of the kids and adults over to Brunswick Nature Park and took them on a 2.5 mile trail ride, which everyone seemed to enjoy.

Doing this kind of stuff is a lot of fun, I wish there would have been a SORBA chapter around to put on something like this when I was a kid. Here are a few pictures that I took from the obstacle course....


No comments: