Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back to work...

It never lasts forever, no matter how much fun you are having. My vacation is officially over now, and looking back I have to say it was one of the best vacations that I have ever taken. A lot of quality time with my wife, great friends, and family that I haven't seen in close to 14 years. I got to enjoy the mountains of North Carolina in all of their magnificent beauty, and two days later I was sitting in Emerald Isle with all of my Mom's family surrounded by all of the wonderful memories of my childhood and growing up with my Mom and all of her family.

Yesterday sitting by the pool, looking around at all of my Mom's brothers and sisters, although it had been so long since I had seen most of them, it seemed like just yesterday that we were sitting around Nanny's kitchen table having fun. I am so glad that I made the trip to visit everyone yesterday, now J.J. knows more of my Mom's family, and T.J. finally knows his great aunts and uncles and a lot of cousins. I look forward to traveling back this coming weekend, and seeing them all again because I don't know when I will ever get a chance to see all of them again.

Now, it's time to cut my cell phone back on, put my game face on and head back to the grind...

See you in the trails...

No comments: