Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oak Island Ride

5:00am... dogs woke me up, so I get up and let them outside and then feed them. This is my normal daily ritual, I just wish that on the weekend they would let me slide until around 7am or so...

5:30am... check email, check local tide chart...LOW TIDE!!! Perfect for beach riding.

5:45am... load bike, fill camelbak, head to Oak Island.

6:20am.... well, see for yourself.



(one of my favorite trails)

(Oak Island Light house-about a 5 mile ride from where I parked)

I'm not a real beach-type person, however it is nice when you can get out on the beach before the crowds and it's just you, the sound of the waves, and the scenery.




I've been putting in a lot of miles on my Cannondale Prophet the last few weeks, this morning's beach ride was a great way to get my daily ride in, and change things up a bit....

quote of the day: "Are those motorcycle tires?" and also "What's that run, $200-$300???"

No comments: