Monday, August 20, 2007

The countdown begins!

Ok, today is the first day of my diet, I weighed this morning, and I weighed in at 249.6lbs. I realize that's not huge for someone that is 6'5" tall, however when you are trying to push this weight up the side of a mountain, it feels like twice that much.

I'm still off my bike due to my hand injury, but I have three more weeks until I can ride. My goal is 3-5lbs a week, so hopefully by time the fall gets here I can be at my target weight of 195lbs. However I want to do this sensibly, and that's why I am setting smaller goals from week to week. That way if I have a bad week, I just have to work harder the next week.

Well, wish me luck.... hopefully the next post for a weigh in will be in the low 230's but as long as I meet my 3-5lbs, I'll be satisfied....

see ya in the trails!

No comments: