Sunday, August 26, 2007

My first ride after my injury...

I've been out of riding for about six weeks or so now because I had a steel rod go through my hand at work. I think other than the initial incident, the worst part of the entire ordeal has been not being able to ride my bike. Technically the doctor has not released me yet, but I figured "what the hell", I'm bored out of my damn mind.

Since I am still in the "take it easy" mode, we hit the UNCW trails today to do an easy lap. It was Josh, Randy, Tony and myself. We started at 8am, and it was already muggy, although I am not sure what the exact temperature was. We rode for about an hour at which time Tony was not feeling well, and Randy got a flat on his single speed. So we headed back to the parking lot to repair the tire. I think I only ended up with 4.17 miles for the day. Not much, but it felt great. I am going to try to start working on my endurance, which has always been my week-point. Now that my single speed is ridable, I think I am going to start riding 5 or so miles every day on it, and then build on more and more miles as I can.

No comments: